Maintaining excellent oral health for your pets is a major component to their overall physical health. As plaque and tartar accumulate, irritation of the gums (gingivitis) results. Inflamed gums are more prone to bleeding and this bleeding is a perfect pathway for the introduction of bacteria into the bloodstream. The bacteria from the mouth can have serious effects on vital organs such as the heart, liver and kidneys.
Our entire staff wants to provide the highest quality dental care for your pet. We have a dedicated dental suite where we perform routine and complex dental procedures.
What you and your pet can expect during a dental cleaning at Elliott Bay:
- Admit appointment with a veterinarian
- Pre-anesthetic bloodwork
- Pre and post operative anti-inflammatory/pain medication and antibiotics if necessary
- IV fluids
- Heart rate monitoring
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Body temperature monitoring
- Tartar removal
- Gum evaluation (checking for pockets or loose teeth)
- Ultrasonic scaling
- Polishing of the teeth
- Oravet application if requested
- Digital radiographs if necessary
- Routine to complex extractions if needed
- Recovery in our Intensive Care Unit
- Complimentary nail trim
- Complimentary anal gland expression
- Veterinarian or technician discharge instruction
- Home dental care instructions and samples.
We offer complimentary dental evaluations with one of our technicians. Schedule your pet’s dental evaluation today!